Friday, November 27, 2009

Stick to Kissing


Lately, I have been thinking about a friend; let’s call her Lily. We’ve been friends ever since I could remember, and in that span of time that we’ve stayed in touch, she has had around 20 sexual partners. I wanted to tell you the exact number but after what seemed like a hundred times of trying to recount how many, I just have to admit that I have lost count. What’s worse was that she says it’s “safe” not to use condoms because she constantly takes birth control pills anyway. Is she right? Not quite.


Engaging in sexual activity, including vaginal intercourse, oral sex and anal sex, with multiple partners, especially when unprotected, will entail a great possibility of having a sexually transmitted disease or STD.


Vaginitis, the most common STD among women of all ages, is the inflammation of the vagina. It causes irritation and burning in the genital area, especially when urinating. What's more, a woman with this condition, I hope not Lily, will have to wear panty liners or in worse cases napkins due to constant, not to mention stinky, vaginal discharge.


Another form of STD called tinea cruris, also known as jock itch, is a fungal infection of the groin area more often seen in males but it can actually happen in both sexes. The genital areas, inner thighs and anus may become itchy and appear red, tan or brown with flaking or cracking skin. It may even exhibit tiny pimples that can gradually turn into severe, pus-filled acne called pustules.


A safe sex chart in book “The Ultimate Guide to Adult Videos” by Violet Blue says that deep and dry kissing has no high risk of getting infected.


A friendly advice to Lily and to you: stick to kissing or you might end up regretting.

No comments:

Post a Comment